Update for Growers: Oriental Fruit Fly Program in Miami-Dade County
September 24, 2015
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, along with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is continuing efforts to eradicate the Oriental Fruit Fly in Miami-Dade County.
We are aiming to provide this update in a more timely manner. This morning’s update reflects yesterday’s activity. There were no finds on Wednesday, Sept. 23.
- 9/23/15 Finds: 0
- Total count to date: 159
- Date of first find: Aug. 26, 2015
- Date of Last Find: Sept. 18, 2015
- Estimated end date of quarantine: 01/20/2016 (*provided there are no additional finds)
Did Quarantine Area Change: No
Malathion 8 Aquamil is now approved as one option for ground spray in pre-harvest treatment in the quarantine zone, in accordance with your compliance agreement. Organic growers may continue to use GF-120, which is approved for organic use, and organic grower status will not be compromised.
- Sign Up for the Daily Update HERE
- Spanish Language Resources on Oriental Fruit Fly HERE
- Current Quarantine Map HERE
- Compliance Agreement HERE