9/30 Update: Oriental Fruit Fly Program in Miami-Dade County
September 30, 2015
Please find below the Oriental Fruit Fly Update for 9/30/2015.
Daily Finds: 0
Total count to date: 161
Date of first find: Aug. 26, 2015
Date of Last Find: 09/28/2015; Day 2 of no Fruit Flies Found
Estimated end date of quarantine: 02/05/2016 (provided there are no additional finds)
Did Quarantine Area Change? No
Did Core Area Change? No
Are There Changes to the Pre-Harvest Option? No
Oriental Fruit Fly Eradication Program Compliance Agreement sign-up
OFF Homestead Extension Hours are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 3 to 5 p.m.
18710 SW 288th St.
Homestead, FL 33030
Oriental Fruit Fly Eradication Program Information Booth:
Tom Thumb Gas Station
Krome Avenue and Eureka
10 to 3 daily (weekends included)
• FDACS ran print advertisements in the Miami Herald and El Nuevo Herald today, September 30, notifying the public of the scheduled spray
• Individuals with questions can call the FDACS helpline at 1-888-397-1517.
• Individuals who believe they are experiencing symptoms as a result of exposure to the spray should report their symptoms to the Florida Poison Information Line at 1-800-282-3171.
• Updates are available at www.FreshFromFlorida.com/orientalfruitfly
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding aerial spray treatment:
• FDACS Oriental Fruit Fly Helpline: 1-888-397-1517
• Oriental Fruit Fly Website:
• Map of updated quarantine zone and planned aerial spray treatment: Click Here